Traditional & Target Savings
Your Share Savings account establishes your membership at Travis Credit Union.
Target Savings accounts are a great option to help you reach your savings goals such as saving for a down payment on a car, a vacation, holiday shopping, school expenses or any other goal you have.
- No monthly service charge
- Set up direct deposit (or automatic deposit) and watch your savings grow — automatically
- Unlimited in-person withdrawals, transactions and more
Account Details Open an Account Check Rates
Begin your child's education fund with a Coverdell Education Savings Account (CESA), which features tax-free withdrawals to educate students under age 30. You may contribute up to $2,000 annually per student, until 18 years of age. We also offer CESA certificates with terms from 12 to 60 months that earn at a higher rate.
- A $200 minimum deposit is required
- Distributions are typically tax-free
- Withdrawals may be used for K-12 expenses as well as for college
- Beneficiary may have more than one account in his or her name
Account Details Find a Branch Check Rates
For uninsured education investment options, visit Travis Financial Services.
Money Market Savings
Our popular Money Market Accounts earn interest based on your balance. They are designed to give you high yield plus total liquidity. Your funds are liquid so you can withdraw them at any time without penalties.1
Choose from one of our five money market accounts — the more you invest, the higher dividend-rate you earn.2
Account Details Open an Account Check Rates
1, 2: See account disclosure for complete details.
Earning 4.00% APY* has never been easier.
Simply enroll in Ultimate Rewards and use the following services and you'll automatically earn this great interest rate every month:
- Any TCU checking account with free E-statements and
- Either a free Direct Deposit ($500 net monthly minimum) or Bill Pay (3 monthly bills of $10 or more each)
Our Ultimate Rewards is also offered for Youth Account (17 and under). Members must have:
- a TCU youth savings account and
- sign-up for free E-statements option.
View Brochure Open an Account
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. 4.00% APY is accurate as of 2/01/16 and is available on Ultimate Rewards Package on the first $500 of the account balance in member's Share Savings Account; the standard APY for regular Share Savings accounts will be paid on 'non-qualifying accounts' and the portion of account balances greater than $500, please refer to our published rates; dividend accrual for the higher yield begins the month after enrollment and all program requirements have been met. Non-qualifying accounts are those that do not meet the eligibility criteria: E-statements, TCU checking account, and either active Bill Pay (three bills paid each month) or direct deposit ($500 net monthly minimum). Members who maintain a $500 balance for a calendar year would earn $19.80 in dividends. Business and organization accounts not eligible. One Ultimate Rewards Package per Social Security Number. Rate subject to change.
Youth Savings Accounts
We offer three age-appropriate accounts for youths from age 0 to 21, with no minimum balance requirements and we waive the membership and quarterly low-balance fee.
Open an Account View Brochure View Web Security Statement
(0 to 12 years old)
Help young children see that saving money can be fun. Encourage your children toward smart saving by developing their habit of making regular deposits at an early age. As your children grow, they'll enjoy watching their balances grow too. Each child who opens a T-Bird Club account will receive a piggy bank to make it easy to save up for their next big deposit.
Rising Stars Club
(13 to 17 years old)
With your guidance this account gives your teenager the opportunity to learn about the value of setting financial goals, to balance needs versus wants, and to experience firsthand the effects of their financial choices. Teens who are 14 to 17 may have a Visa® debit card with photo ID or parent/ guardian consent.
Young Adult Account
(18 to 21 years old)
In addition to paying dividends on savings, this account features Free Checking with free Bill Pay, a free ATM card or Visa debit card, and Mobile Banking. To help young adults establish credit, we also offer a Visa credit card with up to $2,000 limit. Please click on the Disclosures and Agreements link for full details.
1Unlimited withdrawals allowed on in-person transactions only. Federal regulations limit the number of withdrawals or pre-authorized, automatic transfers made to third parties, other TCU accounts, or telephone orders to cover overdrafts on your checking account to no more than six transactions per month. If these limits are exceeded in any given month, your account will be subject to an Excessive Transaction Fee of $15. Excessive, continuous violation of the transaction limits will close the money market account and the funds will be transferred to an account that allows more transactions.
2We offer five money market account options: Flexible, Sterling, Premiere, Premiere Plus, and Jumbo. Each account has specific minimum balance requirements to open and to earn the posted dividend rate. Each day, funds in the Flexible money market account will earn dividends based on your balance. A Flexible money market account balance of less than $100 for more than 90 days will close the account and the funds will be placed in the account holder's Primary Share account.
3With all TCU money market products except the Flexible account, the credit union will not automatically adjust your dividend rate. You must make a request and initiate the change with the credit union. Upon receipt of your signed request, your account will be converted. Higher dividend rates and balance requirements are not retroactive, but are effective from the date of conversion.
* APY=Annual Percentage Yield. 4.00% APY available on Ultimate Rewards Package on the first $500 of the account balance in member's Share savings account; the standard APY for regular Share Savings accounts will be paid on 'non-qualifying accounts' and the portion of account balances greater than $500, please refer to our published rates; dividend accrual for the higher yield begins the month after enrollment and all program requirements have been met. Non-qualifying accounts are those that do not meet the eligibility criteria: e-statements, TCU checking account, and either active Bill Pay (three bills paid each month) or direct deposit ($500 net monthly minimum). A valid e-mail address is required otherwise the system automatically unsubscribes you from E-statements and Ultimate Rewards. Members who maintain a $500 balance for a calendar year would earn $19.80 in dividends. Business and organization accounts not eligible. One Ultimate Rewards Package per Social Security Number. Rate subject to change.