Our certificate accounts help you earn more on your money. Choose from a variety of terms and rates to fit your needs.
- $500 Minimum Deposit1
- Terms of 6 to 60 months
- Rate is fixed until maturity
- Dividends are compounded monthly2
- Federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA
Check Rates Open an Account
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
A TCU no-fee Traditional or Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is a great way to save for the future. An IRA allows you to take advantage of both long-term compounding and tax-deferred earnings growth to reach your savings goals faster.3
We can help you transfer money you may have in a retirement plan at a previous employer into a Rollover IRA to keep your money working hard for you. We’re here to help you make smart financial decisions — and a TCU IRA (with no maintenance fee) is a great place to start. You may want to set up automatic deductions from your TCU savings or checking account to make funding your IRA easy.
Get more information at our IRA Information Center:
IRA Info Center Find a Branch
1. Higher rate of return on a minimum deposit of $500.
2. Credited the last day of the month.
3. This page is intended to provide general information concerning IRAs, it is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a detailed explanation of the rules or how such rules may apply to your individual circumstances. For specific information, please consult your tax or legal professional. See account disclosure for complete details.
*Based on a October 23, 2018 rate comparison, Travis Credit Union’s 1-year Certificate rate of 1.25% APY** is 17 times greater than the average bank rate of 0.07% at Bank of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo. Funds in TCU deposit accounts are federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA. (Source: Informa Research Services)
**Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on a 1-year Certificate is accurate as of October 23, 2018 and assumes principal and dividends will remain on deposit until maturity. Withdrawals may reduce earnings. Minimum opening deposit of $500 is required. Certificate will automatically renew on the maturity date at the nearest available standard term and dividend rate. Penalty for early withdrawal. Some restrictions apply. Dividends compound monthly. See Certificate Account disclosure for complete details.