Teaching personal finance skills for the next generation of the workforce.
Building skills that will last a lifetime, participants in Mad City Money learn how handling adult finances doesn’t have to be difficult.
Our 3½-hour simulation gives young adults the opportunity to make decisions about budgeting, spending and saving in an assigned-life scenario. To get a sense of adulthood with income and bills to pay, each participant is given a temporary identity, including: an occupation, salary, debt, marital status, children and so on.
Participants visit “merchants” in Mad City to choose housing, transportation, necessities and wants. Students get to make these decisions and see how they fair.
The goal is ultimately to simulate the realities of approaching financial responsibilities and teach the tools to make better financial decisions. This session will give students the opportunity to:
- Practice budgeting as an adult with realistic circumstances
- Identify and experience the consequences of poor decisions
- Develop good judgment regarding spending
- Understand budgeting is a necessary step in good money management
- Budgeting is difficult and incredibly useful
All young adults, ages 14 to 24, are welcome to participate. To register for a session, select a seminar from the calendar. Each workshop is from 12:30 – 4 p.m. unless specified.
Image Release Form
Travis photographers may visit seminars to document for future marketing purposes. Please bring the completed form with you to the event.
Date of Event Disclosure
If you are a community leader, we are looking for you. Help us teach the next generation (you might be in the same generation, we don’t mind) about the world of everyday finance.
Signing up is easy
- Look for the class you would like to volunteer on our seminar calendar.
- In the "Category" section, please select "Community Leader."
- In the comments make sure to put “Volunteer.”
- One of our staff will contact you with more information.
Sign Up Today
Community Service Organizations, Non-Profits and Schools Can Too!
Are you a leader, manager, teacher or administrator that believes their group could benefit from our Mad City Money program? Let’s see what we can do together to bring financial education to all young adults.
Fill out our form and we will be in contact with you.
Sign Up Now