We've been helping members of the military and their families achieve their important personal and financial goals since 1951. In this section of our web site you'll find online calculators, tools, news and information about our products and services designed especially for our military members. Travis Credit Union is proud to serve those who serve our country.
Free Deployment Guide
A free, comprehensive guide is available to help you get ready for deployment, and reduce stress on your family during your deployment.
Deployment for you and your family can be stressful and challenging, regardless of whether it is a first deployment, or your tenth. You must be able to manage your finances while deployed and Travis Credit Union is standing by to help.
This guide will acquaint you with options that can make handling finances from overseas easier. It describes the Travis Credit Union services that can help you stay in touch with your accounts, options for designating a financial helper while you're deployed, and steps to take before, during, and after deployment. Travis Credit Union is committed to supporting our military members. We hope you find this comprehensive guide for deployment helpful.
My Life: A Kid's Journal
For families facing deployment we are pleased to provide a free journal that kids can use to document their activities while their loved one is deployed. You can get your free copy at any of our branch locations.
Support and Resources for Travis Air Force Base (TAFB)
Travis Credit Union is proud to support a wide variety of organizations and on-base events in addition to offering comprehensive financial solutions to both military and civilian personnel. Here are just some of the ways we support Travis Air Force Base!
Resources for TAFB personnel
- ATMs on Base - Travis Credit Union currently has 14 ATMs on Travis Air Force Base. The credit union supplies and maintains these ATMs at its own expense. In addition, Travis Credit Union is a member of CO-OP Network®, the largest ATM cooperative worldwide, providing its members free access to more than 30,000 ATMs throughout the U.S. and Canada. CO-OP Network's membership has access to over 800,000 ATMs worldwide through links to NYCE, STAR, Cirrus, Pulse and Plus.
- Military Advance Line - Travis Credit Union offers an alternative to payday lending with its Military Advance Line. Available only to military members and their families this advance requires an application and direct deposit to acquire. Members are offered financial counseling and a listing of financial education resources immediately. The advance is limited to two weeks and is automatically repaid upon receipt of direct deposit. Members may not use this service more than three times.
- First-time Vehicle Purchase discount program - for military personnel and other contract employees with little or no credit. Click here for more about our Vehicle Loans.
- Home buying seminars - At the request of the Airmen and Family Readiness Center Travis Credit Union teaches an introduction to home buying course at least six times each year.
- Investment Seminars - At the request of the Airmen and Family Readiness Center Travis Credit Union teaches a basic investing class once a month and a retirement investing class once a quarter.
- Retirement Seminars - TCU teaches a segment on investing for retirement and money management during the bases' mandatory Transition Assistance Program at the Airmen and Family Readiness Center.
- BALANCE Financial Fitness - BALANCE is free consumer counseling program providing Travis Credit Union members with confidential assistance. Balance can also assist members with pulling their credit report and educating them on how to read and manage their credit history. To learn more about BALANCE, or to speak with a counselor, call (888) 456-2227 or visit the BALANCE page in the 'Learn' section of our Web site.
- Operation Video Connect - Travis Credit Union purchased equipment and was instrumental in bringing this program to the men and women of Travis Air Force Base. With the assistance of the American Red Cross, family members can speak with and send video messages to their deployed member. To date, more than 600 families have used this service, allowing our heroes to stay connected to their families while away. Travis Credit Union anticipates that this will help to ease the burden of deployment.
- Smart Money Matters newsletter - published quarterly this educational newsletter provides economic insight for TCU members. In addition to addressing the current economy, the magazine also offers tools and solutions for financial planning, financial management, understanding credit, and security tips. Smart Money Matters is mailed to each member's home and offers a schedule of free classes throughout the upcoming quarter.
Community support we proudly provide to TAFB
- Travis Regional Armed Forces Committee - This organization is comprised of area business and political leaders dedicated to the success of Travis Air Force Base. Patsy Van Ouwerkerk, President/CEO of Travis Credit Union, currently serves as Chairman of the committee.
- Bonds for quarterly and annual award winners - Annually Travis Credit Union provides more than 160 savings bonds to award winners across the base and in 3 Air Force wings, 2 Navy tenant units, and 1 Army tenant unit on Travis Air Force Base. Both quarterly and annual winners receive the award resulting in an annual contribution of more than $16,000.00 from Travis Credit Union directly to our men and women in uniform.
- 349th Wing Enlisted Workshop - This event is a benchmark in the Air Force Reserve and Travis Credit Union is proud to be a major supporter. For 3 days this seminar focuses on leadership development for young Airman and junior NCOs. Attended by 200 enlisted members from across the Air Force this event is well received and highlighted by the Air Force Reserve Command.
- Enlisted Spouse's Club - TCU contributes annually to assist the Enlisted Spouses Group with their many worthy causes including family support for our military members and youth activities for young people on base.
- Officer's Spouse's Club - TCU contributes annually to assist the Officer's Spouse's Club with their many charitable activities as well. Some of their efforts include improving quality of life for our unaccompanied airmen in the dorms, scholarships for military youth, and morale and welfare support for troops in need.
- KUDOS - Kids Understanding Deployment is an annual program provided by the 60th Air Mobility Wing and supported by Travis Credit Union in conjunction with other base agencies. Held at a flightline hanger, this event allows children an opportunity to experience a mock deployment, gaining a better understanding of what their parents go through while away. Children are taken through a deployment line and pre-deployment briefings. They are allowed to tour and view military vehicles and equipment, including aircraft and off-road vehicles. Travis Credit Union supports this educational experience for our military families by providing refreshments, gift bags, volunteers, and a monetary contribution to help offset the costs incurred by the base.
Useful links and online resources