If you’ve experienced a temporary financial hardship and can’t pay your consumer loan payment in full or on time, you can defer your payments with Travis Credit Union up to a total of three monthly payments. As part of our Awesome Cause, we’re here for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore these frequently asked questions to learn more about our Skip-A-Pay Requests.
What should I know about Skip-A-Pay Request?
To request a deferment on a consumer loan means a member is asking to temporarily pause their monthly payment due to financial hardship that limits one's ability to make full payments as scheduled. An example of a reason for making this type of request would be a temporary hardship due to loss of income or employment.
Due to the current pandemic, we will waive the Skip Pay Fee when you use the promo code: “DRLF”.
What should I consider before making a request?
- If you added any insurance products to your loan, the terms of coverage will not be extended to your new maturity date. Please note that a deferred payment may impact Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) claims on vehicle loans.
- It is important for you to understand that Skip-A-Pay will increase your finance charge and the number of payments required to pay off the loan. Your final payment may also change.
- If eligible, you will receive a copy of your Skip-A-Pay request via DocuSign. If ineligible, you will receive an email notification providing a contact number if you need further assistance.
- If you have already received a total of three deferred payments and need additional assistance, please reach out to our Member Solutions department at (800) 844-0008 to discuss options.
The Access Code to view the documents: the First Five Digits of your Social Security Number.
- If your payment is set up as Bill Pay or other online payment source – YOU must stop the payment from recurring for the payment skipped.
- Due to the high volume of requests, please allow up to 2 weeks for us to process the Skip-A-Pay.
Will my credit be affected?
For approved skip a pay requests, we will not report a member as past-due to the consumer reporting agencies.
To submit a request, select the Loan Type of “Skip A Pay”. Use the promo code: “DRLF”.